Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Biblical Basis to Support President Trump on Immigration




I had several requests from Christians asking me to give them Scriptures that would support President Trump's border wall and the temporary halt on Refugees and entry into The States by people from 7 specific countries where terrorism is a major concern. The very first one says it all. It should shut down the debate with any Christian. It won't, but it should.

Scripture is full of examples of walls and gates to keep citizens safe. There are way to many to list all of them in this article. I have chosen a few. There is no reason for Christians to reject the border wall in the Scripture. If President Trump were to build the wall and deny entry forever for refugees and the poor who simply want a chance to improve their quality of life I would be one of the first to disagree with him. That is not what the wall is about, nor is the temporary ban.

For those who think it isn't a safety issue, if you have Amazon Prime, or Kindle Unlimited, you can read it free, I encourage you to read my Book "Modern Day Christian Martyrs."

     


https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Day-Christian-Martyrs-Slaughtered/dp/1514353865/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1485780624&sr=1-12&keywords=danny+cox


Romans 13New International Version - UK (NIVUK)

Submission to governing authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give to everyone what you owe them: if you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honour, then honour.

Then there is this on the Border Wall and Security. An elected President has the duty to keep his or her citizens safe. Much like the Watchman on the wall in Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 33:6 - But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take [any] person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Unfortunately in the times we are living in it is no longer just the poor person slipping across the border to try to make a better life for themselves. We know have tremendous amounts of drugs that come up. Cash and guns that go back. We also know, it has been proven.  People do come across the border with the intent to do us harm.  If the President doesn't do his best to seal the border it is only a matter of time before someone slips in a weapon of mass destruction.
The same people demonstrating in the streets now demanding his impeachment would then be in the streets demanding his blood.

A few more on obeying Government authority:

1 Peter 2:13-15 ESV /  

Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people.


Titus 3:1 ESV

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,





 Scripture is full of references to walls and gates. Here are a few in context:

2 Chronicles Chapter 8


3 And Solomon went to Hamathzobah, and prevailed against it.
4 And he built Tadmor in the wilderness, and all the store cities, which he built in Hamath5 Also he built Bethhoron the upper, and Bethhoron the nether, fenced cities, with walls, gates, and bars;
6 And Baalath, and all the store cities that Solomon had, and all the chariot cities, and the cities of the horsemen, and all that Solomon desired to build in Jerusalem, and in Lebanon, and throughout all the land of his dominion.

2 Chronicles Chapter 14


5 Also he took away out of all the cities of Judah the high places and the images: and the kingdom was quiet before him.
6 And he built fenced cities in Judah: for the land had rest, and he had no war in those years; because the LORD had given him rest.
7 Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about [them] walls, and towers, gates, and bars, [while] the land [is] yet before us; because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought [him], and he hath given us rest on every side. So they built and prospered.
8 And Asa had an army [of men] that bare targets and spears, out of Judah three hundred thousand; and out of Benjamin, that bare shields and drew bows, two hundred and fourscore thousand: all these [were] mighty men of valour.

                                                 Nehemiah
                                                 Chapter 2
         
1 And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence.
2 Wherefore the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick? this is nothing else but sorrow of heart. Then I was very sore afraid,
3 And said unto the king, Let the king live for ever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers' sepulchres, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?
4 Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven.
5 And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it.
6 And the king said unto me, (the queen also sitting by him,) For how long shall thy journey be? and when wilt thou return? So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.
7 Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come into Judah;
8 And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.
9 Then I came to the governors beyond the river, and gave them the king's letters. Now the king had sent captains of the army and horsemen with me.
10 When Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, heard of it, it grieved them exceedingly that there was come a man to seek the welfare of the children of Israel.
11 So I came to Jerusalem, and was there three days.
12 And I arose in the night, I and some few men with me; neither told I any man what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem: neither was there any beast with me, save the beast that I rode upon.
13 And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire.
14 Then I went on to the gate of the fountain, and to the king's pool: but there was no place for the beast that was under me to pass.
15 Then went I up in the night by the brook, and viewed the wall, and turned back, and entered by the gate of the valley, and so returned.
16 And the rulers knew not whither I went, or what I did; neither had I as yet told it to the Jews, nor to the priests, nor to the nobles, nor to the rulers, nor to the rest that did the work.
17 Then said I unto them, Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach.
18 Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.
19 But when Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, and Geshem the Arabian, heard it, they laughed us to scorn, and despised us, and said, What is this thing that ye do? will ye rebel against the king?
20 Then answered I them, and said unto them, The God of heaven, he will prosper us; therefore we his servants will arise and build: but ye have no portion, nor right, nor memorial, in Jerusalem.

Nehemiah 7:3 Context


1Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed, 2That I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many. 3And I said unto them, Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand by, let them shut the doors, and bar them: and appoint watches of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, every one in his watch, and every one to be over against his house. 4Now the city was large and great: but the people were few therein, and the houses were not builded. 5And my God put into mine heart to gather together the nobles, and the rulers, and the people, that they might be reckoned by genealogy. And I found a register of the genealogy of them which came up at the first, and found written therein, 6These are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity, of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away, and came again to Jerusalem and to Judah, every one unto his city;

In the end, a Christian should pray about their decision, and read the Word of God, not simply take my word, or the word of anyone else. If you pray about it. If you read The Scriptures. God will lead your heart in the right direction.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you sir for the blessing of this message. I know there are many other instance on this subject. Having said that, one of my favorite Psalms, 74, has a scripture that sums up any argument. God made all, the air we breath, the water we drink to the thoughts we think and Psalm 74:17 states "Thou hast set all the borders of the earth" So as a Bible believing Christian, and we believe the whole Word, these few words says it all, and should end all argument(between Christians at least). Even liberal Christians can’t dispute these few word, although I’m sure may “stillborn”(as opposed to born again) Christians will... Thanks again and may God bless you and yours amen

    ReplyDelete